Thursday, March 31, 2011

spanakopita anyone?

I feel like I'm always trying to find more things that Mia can eat (without having to take a bath when she is finished) and something that is NOT a fruit or veggie.  (Come on people, fruits and veggies get old after a while.  Mia could LIVE off of fruit, chick peas, green beans, squash, zucchini, and broccoli.)   Well, add a tally to the list, because Mia is now a GIANT fan of Spanakopitas!  Never had them before?  Head on over to Costco and buy a box!  You will definitely NOT be sorry that you did.


The first time I ever tasted this yumminess was at a wedding.  Needless to say, I made several trips back to the food table throughout the night just to let my taste buds in on the party.  Although I've talked about them ever since that night, I haven't eaten Spanakopitas until Super Bowl Girls' Night.

All of the guys went to one house to watch the game, eat pizza, chili, and veggie trays  The ladies, however, spent the night chatting, laughing, watching a tad bit of the game, but mostly eating food that looked like it had been catered by a professional company.  (Mmmm...it's bringing back memories.)  One of the foods of the night were Spanakopitas.  And yes, I even made a little "take home bag" of them at the end of the night.  Seriously...who needs dessert when you have some sort of scrumptious spinach mixture baked in a light flaky crust?

So during my most recent visit to Costco I remembered several friends had told me I could find them there.  Ahhh...fast forward a couple of days...My family and I have probably gained a few, well worth it, pounds.

The best thing about Spanakopitas is that Mia LOVES them.  She asks for more and more and more.  Cha-ching!  There you have it folks.  Another yummy, and somewhat healthy food that Mia can't get enough of!  "winning"  haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment