Friday, January 11, 2013

Women's Detox: Day 11




Day 11: (out of 30)

Only 19 days to go!

-I eat WAY less food than I used to.

-I’ve lost about 5 lbs.

-I already have more energy! (I can’t wait to see how I feel at the end of this!)

-I’ve ‘cheated’ a few times: a bite here, a bite there…I’ve never just sat down and actually eaten a meal of something I shouldn’t have though.  Sometimes it just helps to have a bite of brownie in your mouth!!! I let it sit there for a few seconds before I ate it.  :)   (Before doing this detox, I seriously would have eaten SEVERAL brownies at a time.)

-Still drinking LOTS of water!

-I’ve had TONS of cravings over the last few days…which is why I “cheated” by taking a bite. J

-Tried a new veggie juice and almost hurled! (I’ll stick to my kale, celery, stevia, and lemon)

-Went on a date with the hubs last night and had AMAZING fish and veggies!!! (Eating fish for dinner is on the plan!!!!)

-I’ve started “rebounding”.  Natalia talks about this in her book.  It sounded bonkers to me, but after researching it, turns out that once again, she’s right!  It’s so good for your health!  So…I’m giving it a go.  (Rebounding is just jumping up and down on a mini trampoline.  Google it.  You’ll learn about different exercises as well as all of the health benefits. PLUS I can do it without leaving the house and can roll it out of the way when I’m done….that is, IF my girls aren’t jumping on it. J )

-Salads have gotten a bit old.  I’ve been roasting veggies more often.  I NEED to make new recipes.  I’m just nervous that they’ll end up tasting like that veggie juice I tried.

-I’ve had dinner at friends’ houses a couple times.  I just take my own salad/ dressing.  That part hasn’t been very hard.  (Although I did have to say ‘no’ to some AMAZING food sitting in front of me.)

-I’ve realized how much food I used to eat just because I didn’t want it to go to waste.  Apparently I took on the role of the family dog by eating the last few crackers, leftover bites on dinner plates, the crust on PBJs, etc!  That’s all stopped.  I refrigerate more of it, and just throw the rest away.  I’m still conscious about it every time I do it though.  I hear, “Natalie…there are starving children in Africa.” in my head, which is what my parents used to tell me to get me so that I would eat my dinner. Haha  Come on…you know you’ve all heard it from your parents, or maybe even said it to your own children!

Over all, things are going well.  J  I’ll keep you updated!  Feel free to email or FB me with any specific questions.  It’s been great hearing from several of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment