Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Pics of Mia's 1st Month

Mia's first month has FLOWN by.  Everyone said that it would, but good grief!...make it STOP!  Caleb and I love her more and more every day.  Some of our favorite memories this month were...

- The delivery...of course!  Long and WELL worth it! (Now that it is far behind me I can say that. :)
- The "eventful" first night home. :)
- Trying to tame her crazy hair! (Well, I try to comb it down, but Caleb messes it up.  He thinks it is cute!)
- Mia getting to meet so many members of her family
- Mamie's visit
- Taking her first bottle so well!
- Getting out of the house (Even if it meant just riding around in the car for a little while!)
- naps, naps, and more naps!  (I even think Caleb and I went to bed at 8:00 one night!)
- DIAPERS!!!!  And learning to be "wise" when changing them so that we didn't have to wash everything around her.  :)  Who knew that an average of 10 diapers/ day was normal????
- Doctor visits (being pricked once again)
- The cute jaundice that quickly went away.  She was so "tan" for a while though.  :)
- Learning not to "freak out" at every cry or unusual sound.  (I have had to re-learn how to really trust the Lord.)
- First baths (I keep telling her that one day she will actually LIKE to take a bath.)
- The umbilical cord falling off...it was "eventful" for us (I mean, we didn't save it or anything though.)
- Caleb's horrible virus! (SO GLAD THAT IS OVER!)
- SNOW!  :) 
- TONS of great meals from awesome friends and family! 
- Finally putting Mia on her belly to sleep! (We couldn't get her to actually STAY asleep on her back.)
- American Idol nights at the Dathers'.  (It was like our date night!  Seriously...free babysitter and all!)
- Mia wore her first bow at only a few weeks old.  Thanks to Aunt Jenni for giving us some tiny bows to try to tame that delightful hair!
- Her burps that sometimes sound like an adult male's!
- Smiles, smiles, and more smiles!  I can't get enough!!!
- Mia already recognizes us!
- TONS of accumulative hours spent staring at her while she sleeps!  AHHH!  SO CUTE!

We have SO MANY more memories from this first month that will hopefully last forever!  God is amazingly good to us!  What an absolute blessing it is to be a child of God!  We are so thankful that God chose US to be Mia's mommy and daddy!  WHAT???!!!  (I still can't believe we are parents!)

ENJOY THE PICTURES!



Time FLIES!!!

2 comments:

  1. Looking at these pics after posting them almost made me cry! She has grown so much already. Check out the pictures of her in her carseat. She is so much bigger in the picture at the bottom than the one at the top. Awww...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! You are right about how much she has grown! I didn't make the comparison until you mentioned the car seat. She is so precious, Natalie! I love her so much! I know you would rather be with her yourself, but I'm thankful that I get to love on her and take care of her while you're at school. :)

    ReplyDelete