Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Once upon a time...

...I was all about blogging.  I still LOVE to read other blogs, but as for those minutes/hours of posting my own stuff?  Yeah...this mama is out of time and energy right now.

As many of you know, the last few weeks of pregnancy are exhausting.  (Can I get an AMEN!!!???) Seriously...I always think I am tired and terribly uncomfortable during the first 36 weeks, but those last 4 weeks hit a new level of discomfort and fatigue.

Life doesn't stop though, right?  So over the last few weeks we have gone on a vacation with friends to the mountains, had Ellie's shower, I threw my back out (which caused my house to look like a tornado came through), have put together Ellie's "stuff", sold our car, been test driving others, gone on a mini anniversary trip (since Ellie is due two days before our 3rd anniversary), gone to birthday parties, hung out with awesome friends and family, had lots of fun outings, spent time with the youth, gone to support Caleb in a dodgeball tournament, done LOTS of paper work for Caleb's business, etc...etc...etc!  Let's just say Mia and Caleb are probably just as tired as I am right now. :)

It's crazy though that in just a few weeks, we will be a family of FOUR!!!!!!  woot woot!!!!!  I CAN NOT WAIT for Mia and Ellie to meet each other.  I can not WAIT to hold my sweet new baby girl!  I can not WAIT to own a minivan.  Wait.......

Did I really just say that????!!!!!!!!

Yes....yes I did.  I swore up and down that I would NEVER drive a minivan.  I was going to be one of those super cool hip SUV moms.  But guess what?  We need more space!  And I agree with those who call minivans the "sweat pants of the car world".  I mean...you can't get more practical (and comfortable)!  So yes, we will hopefully be the 'proud' owners of a minivan by the end of the week.

In the mean time, I'm still working on cleaning out the garage in hopes to park the van inside, going to OB appointments, playing with my little bundle of JOY, cleaning...cleaning...and cleaning, ORGANIZING, finishing up projects, hanging with friends and family, and hopefully napping every once in a while. :)  I have SO MUCH TO DO!!!! :) :) :)

I love y'all though!  Thanks for reading my blog.  Thanks for loving on my family.  Thanks for writing your own blogs so that I have something to read.  Thanks for simply being in our lives.  We honestly love you all!  (even those of you who we don't see that often)

So have a great day!  And I'll hopefully catch up on posting pics soon!  In the mean time, enjoy this sweet picture...

Cameron (Mia's cousin) has loved her from day 1.  She is so blessed to have the family that she does. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment