Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Ellie Grace's Arrival...

Warning:  There are A LOT of pictures.  If you are not family, you may find this post a little boring.  Then again, you may be like me and just like to hear people's stories.  :)


After an encouraging visit to the doctor Wednesday morning, the doctor thought we'd probably have Ellie Grace sometime Wednesday night.  If not, I was scheduled to be induced Thursday morning @ 7:00 a.m.  Here we are...ready to leave for the hospital Thursday morning!


Unfortunately they were slammed with people having babies!  They sent us home and said they would call to let us know if they had room later that afternoon.  Turns out they didn't.  The induction was rescheduled for 5:00 Friday morning.  Here we are at about 4:30 that morning... (I know my belly looks ginormous.  That isn't a maternity shirt, so it looks a bit funny.)

We got checked in, they started the pitocin, and the contractions began!  The doc originally wanted to break my water at 7:00 a.m.  She was in surgery all morning though, so she changed her mind.  She didn't want to break it, have things progress too quickly, and get called out of a surgery.  No prob though...things progressed on their own (an answer to prayer) and I was ready to push by about 4:30 p.m.  Caleb documented it all...


It was almost 4:30.  Doc comes in, says we'll start pushing in about 30 minutes.  The delivery crew came in, started setting up the room, and the doc left to go check on another patient.


What?  Ellie Grace didn't want to wait 30 minutes!  Five minutes had gone by and we were all waiting for the doc.  They could already see EG's head!!!!!  The delivery crew was so calm though.  So we waited...

THERE she is!  Hurry up, Doc! :)  I want to meet my baby girl!!!!

This next picture was taken while I was pushing.  I included this as a praise to the Lord!!!  I had a horrible experience with Mia, but had specifically prayed (along with friends and family) that this one would be totally different.  And boy was it!  I was actually smiling while I was pushing.  (So THAT's what epidurals are for!  haha)

Caleb was so excited!  He could see her!!!!!! :)

She's here!!!!  I couldn't believe it!!!!!!  AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

She was born at 4:44.  (4 is my favorite number, by the way.)

Ellie Grace Dather!!!  ("Someone give me a bath!!!!")

Caleb is so good at documenting everything.  I love to watch the videos when I get home.  You forget so much.  Plus, the mommy doesn't get to watch them tend to the baby directly after she is born.  Pics and video "fill in the blanks" for me. :)  (Thanks Caleb and Christi!)

Stamping her footprints in the baby book!...

More documentation of her first minutes of life...

She weighed 8 lbs 6 oz.  

She's still waiting on that bath!

First moments with Daddy...

 No bath yet, but at least she's warm and cozy!  Now we wait to go to our room...

The Doc.  Great job!!!!!

Proud Daddy of TWO girls...



Brace yourself...This next picture is pure sugary sweetness...
Looking into each other's eyes.


Yay!  Ellie Grace is here, and we are in our room!  I think it was about 6:30 by now.

Brand new...

Noni and Papa came to visit!

And so did the Danners.  And guess what?...


...they brought me a bubble tea from O'Chai!!!!!!

Proud...

Yay!  We are the parents of two beautiful girls!  I still can't believe that I get to be MARRIED to this man, let alone raise a family with him! :)

FINALLY!!!!...time for a bath!  I love that they do all of this in the room now.  It was fun to watch. :)

Ahhhh....

The next day my parents brought Mia Jubilee to meet her new sister!  She LOVED her!

She kept saying "Hey Ellie!" and waving to her. :)

Then she started pointing out all of her features: nose, eyes, toes, ears, etc...

Mia and HER new baby are sitting with Mommy....

Papa time!...

I love this next picture for a couple reasons:  1. Mia climbed up and gave me this big hug all on her own.  2.  Caleb is feeding Mia's baby.  :)  He is such a good daddy.

First family pic?  Nope.  That is Mia's baby...not Ellie Grace.  We did get a family pic though!

Still getting to know Ellie Grace...

Now for those family pics...

 "It's soft." Mia was so gentle with EG.  She still loves to touch her hair.

She and Caleb are checking out Ellie's tiny toes.  They are so cute!  

The start of a great relationship...

Peace...

Justin and Amber came to meet Ellie Grace too! 

Getting dressed so that we can go home!  She liked the paci at the hospital, but she has already given it up...

 Ready to take my sweet girl home!!!!

Waiting on Caleb to pic us up in our new swagger wagon!




So sweet...and I love how she sometimes holds her thumb like Mia Jubilee used to do. :)

Yay!  We're home!  (See...I told you I like the number 4. haha)



 Welcome to our family, Ellie Grace!



No comments:

Post a Comment