Friday, November 11, 2011

It's Da Best!


Mia and I made "da best" applesauce a couple days ago.  Check it out!

We had a lot of apples sitting on our counter.  (Thanks, Mom!)...

We rinsed them...

Chopped them up...

And threw them in the crockpot... (seeds, stem, and peel!)


After about 3 hours, our house smelled delicious and the apples looked like this...

We scooped them into the sieve and began to mash!  I can't find the real thing you are supposed to use to stir it. I think it is in my garage in a tub, so we used a ladle instead...

The applesauce started to look and smell so yummy! Mia couldn't resist sticking her finger in the bowl...

Keep working!...

Finally!  Da best applesauce ever! :)

I love having a sieve!  When I taught K5, I told one of the parents that I wanted one, but I couldn't find them anywhere!  The next thing I knew, she brought me one!!!!!!  Yay for awesome, go above and beyond, moms like her!  I have used it to make applesauce in my classroom every year.  The kids love it because they cut the apples (with plastic knives), are able to put ALL of the apple in the crockpot (seeds and all), and then they get to stir/mash it through the holes.  We don't add anything else.  It's JUST apples, and it is YUMMY!  I don't think I've ever had a student who didn't love it!  Mmmm...I think I'll go eat some right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment